Legal Metrology Organization deals with implementation
& enforcement of Legal Metrology Act, 2009 & Rules made there under. Controller
of Legal Metrology is the Head of the organization. The work of verification & stamping
of weights or measures which are used in trade & commerce and by the users are done
by Divisional Inspectors. The provisions of Legal Metrology Act are very important
for ensuring consumers’ protection. For protecting the interests of the consumer
effective enforcement of provisions of Act & Rules made there under is done by field
officers. For consumer grievance helpline is available in the office of Controller
of Legal Metrology & the complaints of consumers’ are received on this helpline
during office hour (022) 22886666. Detailed information of the organization is made
available on website
Enforcement of following Legal Metrology Act & Rules made there under is done by
Legal Metrology organization.
- Legal Metrology Acts, 2009.
- Legal Metrology (General) Rules, 2011
- Legal Metrology (Package Commodities) Rules, 2011.
- Maharashtra Legal Metrology (Enforcement) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Approval of Model ) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Numeration) Rules, 2011.
- The Indian Institute of Legal Metrology Rules, 2011.